Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st

Today Braxton is giving his first talk in Primary. He is talking on, "I know Heavenly Father and Jesus love me". He's really excited, as am I. Ryan and I were talking about the memories we have from around his age, and it made me realize that from here on out, the training wheels of parenting are coming off... Braxton will start remembering many of the things we do, as well as things we don't do, together. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost and for prayer and for examples all around me that assist us in raising these boys!

Logan is potty training!! He is doing great and it's only day 5. It'll be so nice to only have one in diapers at a time. :) I hope he keeps it up and we make it through alive. We have taken the positive reinforcement approach, along with rewarding him. Braxton was feeling left out at first and starting to fight for attention, so we decided that Braxton could be the one to help him get to the potty. It's pretty darn cute. He will grab his hand and run with him to the toilet and sit and cheer him on, literally, until he's off the toilet. Then they both get rewarded. :) It's been fun to see Braxton take on the roll of big brother. He is really good at teaching Logan the "WHY" in situations where he shouldn't be doing something. Ex: "Logan, we don't stand up on the counter or you'll fall and crack your head open." Logan usually responds the same way everytime with a very enthusiastic, "Oh yeeeeeeeeeeah". He listens to Braxton a lot of the time. It's been fun to be a part of.

The pregnancy is going well. I have two weeks left and I'm feeling like I'm two weeks overdue. :) I was dialated to a 2 and 75% effaced at my appointment 2 weeks ago. We'll see Tuesday where things are at as of now!! We are pretty much all ready at this point. Baby clothes are washed and put away, bassinette is washed and ready, I have a phone now so that I can get ahold of Ryan when I do go into labor (we realized that was a pretty important thing last week.) :) We are all well and enjoying the time we have together! For recreation we've been going to the church gym and playing t-ball and basketball. It's been great to get some fun runaround time in, even when it's snowing out.

Life is great, love you all!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

Wait a second...training wheels...I don't think I got mine. Or maybe all of my sisters-in-law and my mom are my training wheels...Can I please have them longer than 3 years?!

Again, you are brilliant, Jessica. I love how you are including Braxton in the potty training game. It must be better for everyone...Braxton gets the satisfaction of having a big brother job (ok, ok, and the rewards too), Logan gets help from his big brother, not just his parents, and the parents get some help. Well, hopefully it really does help, not just make it harder. Anyway, I think is a great idea. And kudos for success!

I am excited for you that you are so close to brining this new little boy into the world and into your arms...and in a few months, into my arms too :) We wish you the best!

Linda said...

Thanks for the wonderful update, Jess. You are great. I, too, think the helping technique is brilliant. WE can't wait to welcome this new little one. Love to all and we miss you.

Jessica said...

I can't believe you are almost done with your pregnancy! It went by too fast. I hope things go well and that Logan (and Braxton) continue with the potty training.
Keep us updated and don't forget to do one last belly pic before you go into labor! xox

The Hardys said...

The boys are so cute, I hope our kids work together like that! I love the reward system thanks for the awesome ideas! And good luck with that new baby!!!

Ashley said...

I am so happy to hear things are going so well! And YES the phone is a fantastic idea! Good LUCk with everything! I can't wait to see Caleb! if that's still the baby's name ;)

*Tiffany and Jarrod* said...

Oh Jess you are such a good parent. I will have to sit down w/ you and get all the great parenting tips from you when it comes time for me to have children. So as of yesterday, sounds like there will be a baby here this week. Oh I am so excited!!! Let us know when we can visit and we will be there to give lots of loves to the new lil' one! I can't believe that B is old enough to give talks in primary, I bet he did awesome. Good luck!!! Luv you guys!!!