Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Logan's Late Night

It's been such a long time since we've posted anything on here! Everyone is doing well and we are getting excited to have our ultrasound for this baby next week! Braxton is doing preschool and loving it. Logan is loving it as well. It's our turn to teach so all of the kids come over to our house and he gets to participate. So much fun! Ryan has started his second semester of his masters program and is as busy as ever. He is such a champ at juggling everything he has going on!! I LOVE THE FALL season! We have our halloween decorations up already! :> Ryan is just grateful that I didn't want to put the Christmas tree up in September this year. We didn't have a christmas tree for the first few years we were married and last year i found an awesome deal on an awesome tree... I just happened to find it in Sept. and couldn't resist putting it up! :> Ok, on to Logan's story...

On Sunday night Ryan was gone for a fireside with the young men. I had just brushed the boys teeth and gotten them in their pj when they started wrestling... nothing unusual about that! I decided since they were entertaining themselves, I would just let them play for a minute while I cleaned Braxton's room. Well... they were wrestling on Braxton's bed, which always scares me, but I was within a couple feet of them, so I just let them continue. (I found out that being within reach of them doesn't really matter if your reflexes aren't fast enough) Logan dove on Braxton, but he over estimated his landing and hit the headboard pretty hard. I picked him up and blood started streaming down his face. It was a pretty big gash, but I couldn't really tell how deep. I have never had to decide whether or not to get stitches, but thought since it was on the face, we had better not risk a big scar. I had expected Ryan home a little bit before this happened, but he hadn't gotten there yet. I only had one car seat, so I took Braxton across the street to the neighbors and let him with my friend. I wanted Ryan to come with me if he was close by, so I drove to the church, but there wasn't a car in the lot. It turned out he was at our other neighbors house talking about a sale for real estate. ANYWAY, picked Ry up, went to Provo ER, they took one look and said he would definitely need stitches. We waited our turn... they gave him a sedative, cleaned out the wound and said it almost cut through to the skull. Ah! It was a huge gash. I asked the doctor how I am to know if I should bring them in for stitches or not. He looked at me and said, "Uh, this gash is 3/4 of and inch deep. This should be sown up ANYWHERE on the body, not just the face. And if you would call it a gash, you should bring them in." Sound advice, don't you think? The anesthesia was the scariest part. I hated having to decide whether or not to give it to him, but after hearing the alternative (holding him down while they scrub and sew him up) and asking what the doc would do if it were his own child, I felt a bit more comfortable with it. The shot they gave him was supposed to be as safe as they come... still scary. Anyway, he woke up about 1:30am and we were able to bring him home. He has been such a trooper. Braxton felt so horrible and has been extra nice and helpful with his little brother. I tried telling him it wasn't his fault, but he still feels so bad. That was our eventful Sabbath! I still don't have any new pictures to post, but I'll get some soon!

5 comments:

Aly said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so scary. I guess that is what I have to look forward to with two boys?! I am glad he is okay. I would have totally panicked. Can't wait to see what kind of cousin we are going to be having soon!

Chelsie Wilde said...

AWWW thats awful! I am glad everything went ok and he is taking it well! We keep going back and forth but hopefully we can get something worked out and get together soon! Its been WAAAY too long! I cant believe you have your ultrasound soon and I hope this pregnancy has gone by as fast for you as it has for me :), crazy!

Linda said...

His first real battle scar. What a frightening thing for all of you. I'm grateful he's OK. Love you guys.

Mandi said...

Oh my! How scary! I am glad that it seems all is well now. Hopefully it heals fine.

bzmom24 said...

Gregory was about 2 when he went to body slam someone and got the corner of the piano. For the stitches, they put him on the board before the doctor was in the room. Made me real mad, but what do you do. Anyways, he was so tired that I believe he was asleep by the time they got to the stitches.
It was all good when he was a little older and Harry Potter was the rage though!!