Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Our ER Visit
Last night was a little scary for our little family! Braxton gets croup quite often. We know a few ways to reduce the swelling once he has a fit, which is usually in the night. He always has stayed very calm, even when it has been really bad and sounds scary. Last night he woke up really scared. He kept saying, "I can't breathe!", over and over and over. I woke Ryan up and we took him to the ER. They gave him a tube of adrenaline when we got there for a quick fix. After he calmed down they came in and gave him some steroids that are supposed to reduce the swelling of his bronchial. After 3 1/2 hours and another treatment of adrenaline we were able to go home. It was scary, but I'm so grateful for a hospital that is close by and for those who study in the medical field. They're worth every cent in times like that. We were so grateful to Kris who was able to stay here with Logan so we didn't have to drag him out of bed in the middle of the night. I'm so thankful for the priesthood, as well, and for a husband who honors it. I love Heavenly Father so much and I'm so thankful that He is always there. I'm so grateful that He knows me and knows what I can handle and also knows when I need Him to let me know things will be ok. It's was scary, but we were comforted when we prayed for help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That does sound very scary. We do know something about that since it was something Ryan used to do. I'm also grateful that Kris was there to stay with little Logan. And also grateful for the priesthood. Thankd Ryan for honoring it as you do. I hope little B gets better soon. We will remember him in our prayers from here also.
Eeeew yuck!!! I HATE when kids get respiratory things. That is the scariest! I'm glad everything worked out.
How is logan doing now? Eli has a nasty cough too, but he isn't acting lethargic or too fussy, and he's still eating and sleeping fine, so I haven't taken him in to the doctor. But his cough does sound bad! Probably the best idea for all of us would be to just wait until Tues. the 17th to do our yogurt, that's a good 10 days away and hopefully everyone will be better by then!
That is so scary! I am so glad that everything turned out ok! I share your gratitude for hospitals.
Wow. That is so scary. I would have freaked out. Way to stay calm! Brax gets croup a lot? Do they know whY? I am sorry I took so long to read this!
My goodness. That would be horrible. Isn't the Gospel amazing though? I'm so glad you were able to find comfort at such a scary time.
Oh NO! That is way scary. I am glad that everything ended up ok. Thank goodness for prayer huh?
Post a Comment