Saturday, January 31, 2009

NO SUGAR

My sister-in-law is going on a sugar strike and invited us to do it with her. So, I'm inviting all of you guys to do it too. We are going off of sugar for two months. It's a great way to cleanse the body and is soo great once you get going. I've done it before and it is quite hard at first, but the benefits are so worth it. I have so much more energy, lost weight and after about two weeks I didn't crave refined sugar at all. Bonnie compared giving up sugar for two months, to the Catholics 'Lent'. They sacrifice one of their vices for a month and substitute something good in its place. I'm excited to do it, I've needed to lose the last of my baby weight anyway, but more so, I NEED MORE ENERGY with these crazy boys. So it will be something really hard that we can all do together. We are starting the first of February, but since people won't read this, perhaps, for a few days, just begin the day or the day after, if you want to do it. We are doing it for two months so we will be doing it together for the VAST majority of the time even if you start a few days after. DO it with us! It is such a satisfying thing!!! We can post new ways that we find to curb our sweet tooth and recipes that satisfy us without using refined sugar. Challenge other people to do it with us on your blog too!

2 comments:

Chelsie Wilde said...

Wow! Good for you!! I think that would be near impossible for me. Thanks for letting us come hang out, we should do it again soon, either house.

Krista said...

That's awesome. I think I'm going to need my candy bars and skittles to get me through this next while with the new baby. :) I think I might try it after though.