Friday, September 12, 2008

My Crazy 2 Year Old

I will post pictures as soon as Ry brings the camera home from the seminary. It's CRAZY! He LOVES letters, spelling and anything that has to do with learning about words. The other day he was sitting at the kitchen table coloring while I was helping Logan. He kept shouting out different letters, which is normal, but he wasn't saying them in any particular order. I thought he had seen a word and was spelling it, but it wasn't spelling anything. I went over to the table to see what he was doing and he was writing letters! He had written a "P", "T", "X" and "W". Those were the same letters he was shouting out. I thought it was a fluke because the "P" wasn't all that legible and the other three letters are easy enough to mistakenly write. I asked him to do it again for Daddy at dinner and he drew an "X" and a "T" and told us which was which. He has done it for three days now with those three letters (X, W, T). I never showed him how to write them, but have written letters out while he names them a whole bunch of times. Anyway, it's just so fun the new things these little guys learn every day. He surprises me all the time!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh my goodness! What a little smartie! I'm excited to see you guys.. CALL ME and we'll schedule something maybe with Chelsie??

Mandi said...

What a smart little bugger. We miss you guys!