Thursday, November 11, 2010

Shots, Bad Apple Juice and a New "Do"

We went and got the boys flu shots yesterday while Caleb had his 9 month check up. Braxton was, as perdicted, not a happy shot-goer. He was crying most of the time we were there, and when it was time he hid behind the table... you know the one? It sits snuggly against the corner where there is just enough space for a little child to hide in, but not enough for a big person to get to him? They brought the doctor in to hold him. My job was the arms. (I felt really bad because he was soo scared.) Tears were rolling down his cheeks, and as I do, I went to wipe them away freeing one of his arms. He reached over and grabbed the tray full of the kids vaccines, the cotton balls, alcohol wipes and bandades all went flying onto the floor. It was not fun for anyone! I wish Ry could come with me. Caleb cries whenever Braxton does. Logan was fine. He actually said, "No me scared Bubba! Sucker, sticker, shot!" He yelled for a second when he was jabbed, but it lasted, well, a second. I hope it goes better next year! :) Luckily this was their booster so we won't be going back this year.

Calebs part of the appointment was fun. I love hearing their statistics and talking to the doctor about the stage he is in. He's quite small. He began that way being born at 5 and a half lbs. He is in 20 and some percentile for both height and weight. He is the most wonderful baby. He has a happy spirit and loves to laugh. I wish I knew how to post videos on here. His laugh is contageous. the poor kid is teething and it's bad. The doctor looked at me, after examining his mouth, raised his eyebrows and said that Caleb is cutting 8 teeth at once. AH! I knew he had quite a few; i can see them coming up through the gums, but I hadn't counted them. He has been miserable.

Today, Braxton ran in my room and said, "Mom, come here. I just tasted the SICKEST apple juice EVER." Great. We don't have any apples juice open right now... finished it off last night. I started thinking of what it could have been as I walked into the kitchen. My guess was the water that I have a new start from a house plant sitting in. I was wrong. It was a mason jar full of oil that we had fried scones in the night before. :) Fantastic.

Last fun memory of the day.. well, so far. We were doing a thanksgiving countdown chain thingy at the table and I was on the phone with my sister. Logan was sitting next to me cutting his strips of paper. I reached over to grab the glue and kept on chatting. After a minute I looked down and there was a pile of blonde hair on the table. I wasn't sure if it was his or mine until I ran my hands down my hair and more came out. :) Luckily it isn't noticable. Well, I can't see it anyway. There's a little peek at yesterday and the first half of today.

1 comment:

Chelsie Wilde said...

Oh man, I love you guys! Isn't motherhood something else :). What would we do with out these little ones!!

I love to see their stats too! We did the same thing, Hallies check up and flu shots today. 8 teeth!! Poor little Caleb! That is so miserable, for both of you! I hope Braxtons is feeling ok after drinking the oil (that is too cute what he said) and hair always grows back, hopefully that covers it :).

Seriously though, what does your schedule look like next week?