Friday, February 12, 2010

"I Know How I Can Share my Testimony!"


In the past few weeks we, as a family, have talked about what it means to share our testimony and how we go about doing it. Ever since then, Braxton will randomly shout out, "Mom! I know how I can share my testimony..." and then he follows with something kind he can do for someone else. Some of them have been, "I can share my puppy with Logan for his nap", and "I can sing the baby a song when he cries!" I went to correct him today about what a testimony is and the more I thought about it, I realized that, not only did I not need to correct him, but he taught me something special. A testimony is when we testify of Christ. What better way to testify of Christ than to live like He did? So, I committed to follow Braxton's example and to share my testimony by trying to live my live serving others, as Christ did. I'm so thankful for my little boys and the wonderful times we have together! They are a HANDFUL, to say it kindly, but it's part of their charm. I love my Savior and want to do more to show my gratitude to Him.

6 comments:

Mandi said...

That is so sweet. Good for you for not "correcting" him. I think your insight is great. We love you all!

Aly said...

That really is sweet. I love that. And how great of you to stop and notice and let him help you remember. I know I don't do that nearly enough with my kids.

Linda said...

Thank you so much for sharing. He is such a sweet boy. I love the way you recognize teaching moments and learning moments. These little guys are such a choice blessing. The tub and valentine pictures are great too.

Linda said...

Thank you so much for sharing. He is such a sweet boy. I love the way you recognize teaching moments and learning moments. These little guys are such a choice blessing. The tub and valentine pictures are great too.

Kami said...

How darling. I love the things we can learn "out of the mouths of babes." What a sweetheart! :o) Props to you and Ryan for being such great parents.

The Hardys said...

That is so awesome, Braxton is such a kind boy, kids teach us so much!!