Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Homemade Yogurt

The boys love making yogurt. It's such a fun thing to do and it tastes so good. There's a site called 'simplylivingsmart.com' where you can get the recipe as well as watch the girl make it. It's so versatile too. We make plain yogurt and use it in place of sour cream in lots of recipes. Vanilla and any other flavor we make tastes like ice cream... it's so yummy!! Anyway, I was super excited when I found this easy way to make it without a yogurt maker. I've tried a few different ways and this is, by far, the best way I've found. So girls, sorry we didn't do it at the family reunion, but that website will show you all of the steps and what the Styrofoam cooler looks like. Let me know if you have any questions.
I have directions typed up at santaquin10thcookinggroup.blogspot.com
If you want to see a video of someone doing it, go to simplylivingsmart.com (there's a link on my page)
register and then sign in- it's free and you'll get access to 70 different videos
Click on Welcome first steps
Click on Online Videos by Topic (half way down the page on the right hand side)
Click on Food Storage
Click on Powdered Dairy
Click on yogurt

2 comments:

The Hardys said...

Yum! We love your homemade yogurt recipe!!

Aly said...

Yay! Thank you for putting this on here.. I told Treyton we would give it a go and he is so excited.