We were getting pretty excited about the warm weather the other day, and decided to pitch our tent in the playroom. We went to the store and picked out treats and then went home to have a little camp out in the tent. It wasn't quiet warm enough to be outside.
Another of our favorite warm weather activities is Barbecuing. Ry is great on the grill. My family has been requesting his grilled chicken... SOO good.
Yesterday we cleared out a little grove in our oak trees. We are starting landscaping this summer and are hoping to find a steal on some sod. We found the cutest little nursery down here that sells plants at a great price. Hopefully we can get our garden in this week! We're a little behind... We spend most of our time outside and the minute we come in Logan sits and pounds on the door, whining to go back out! He LOVES being outside. They are so much fun to watch together.
Braxton is loving painting, playing catch and LOVES playing at the playground. The slides are his favorite at the moment. We are doing a "word of the week" where he learns spell, read and write the one little word. Right now his word is HOT. So he traces it and we use it in different sentences and then he spells it for me. He loves letters. He has always loved learning about letters and words.
Ry is really excited to be starting school soon. He's in the second phase of P90X for those of you who know what that is. He just loves it. The workouts are really intense. He's working with the deacons and having a fun time with the scouts. He's going on camp outs with them and helping them earn their merit badges. Ry will be transfering from Lone Peak down closer to our house for work. It will be so nice to have him 10 minutes away so that he can come home in between work and school.
I am loving playing with the boys more than ever. They are both at such fun ages. Logan is able to do more things with us now and participate in the excitement of discovering the outofdoors. Braxton is so sweet and always makes life fun and exciting. He gets excited about the simple things, like making popsicles or neat rocks that he finds, which brings me back to a wonderful way of life. They are such fun. I'm doing Activity Days with another girl in my ward. We have 6 girls that we get to teach and cook with and help them pass off activities for the Faith in God award. We also teach their primary class which is really fun. We get to really interact with them quite a bit. My partner is so awesome. She's an elementary school teacher and I've leared a lot from her. Life is good! I'm so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love everything about it! I was talking to Ry about this a while ago and we were talking about the Plan of Salvation and just how the church is organized and how perfect it really is. We were talking about how the term "Plan of Happiness" is perfect. Heavenly Father really loves us and set up a plan for us to be happy! I just know that He loves us. I hope to not disappoint Him with my time here!! It's something I think about a lot. I am so thankful for Jesus' Atonement. When I stop to REALLY think about it, I am thankful that because of Him, I can change, improve and everyday. I love this journey!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There is seriously NO WAY you could possibly disappoint! It sounds like everything is going perfectly for you guys. We can't wait to see you soon but love the updates in the meantime!
Great update! It was awesome to see you guys and play with the little boys. We are way excited for July! Love Ya!
Sounds like you guys are having fun! We miss the Sharps!! When are we going to get together again??
Glad you've already figured out the fun is in the journey!!
Post a Comment