Monday, May 18, 2009

First Day of School

So Ry starts classes today... I'm not sure how I'm going to do with this schedule. So far today we have watered the plants, made bread, taught B a new word , checked on our one ripe strawberry twice, had snacks under the trees in back, gone swimming in our baby pool, bathed and got ready for the day, the usual meals and cleaning that go along with daily life, and now the boys are sitting in the back eating dirt and making mud with water from the little pool. Ry usually gets home about now, but he won't be home for another 7 hours and the kids don't go to bed for another 5 hours... I don't know where the keys are to the car... hmmm... I'm sure Ry isn't having the best time either... that's a looong day of working. So, if there are any creative ideas out there, please share! Preferably something low energy! I wish Logan watched movies! :> We love you all! I am gripping but, i'm sure I'll adjust quickly to the schedule quickly. :> I'm pathetic!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Too bad we aren't closer so we can play together :)

PS
We had the hugest firetruck EVER at our apartment (and a 2nd normal sized one) a few days before we left. The downstairs neighbors' smoke alarm was going off and they weren't home so I called the non-emergency line and told them. It had been going off for a while and we didn't see or smell any smoke, but I thought maybe they could check it out. So, about 2 minutes later, about 8 firefighters and the above mentioned trucks showed up. They confirmed that there were no signs of a fire and said the battery must have been low, but they weren't going to break down the door (ahhh - I didn't really expect them to) without signs of a fire. Luckily there were no window treatments, etc. so it was fairly safe to assume nothing was wrong. After that, Chloe and I listened to the smoke alarm for about 5 hours!! Annoying, but not harm done. In the end, it was a faulty alarm with new batteries...

The Hardys said...

How about on those days we can do things together! Nathan works from 2-10pm!

Kelsey Dollar said...

Can I just say play dough- my boys love it- fun for hours! I know its rough with daddy in school- we did that for a LOOOONG time! We're in springville now if you guys ever want to treck up here and play.