Sunday, August 19, 2012

We are alive

Well, Hello! I don't know that anyone reads this anymore, but I want to document a bit about what we have been doing anyway. This past year has been an incredible one. We have added another addition to our family! Parker joined us last December, a few days after I finished my finals. The night before he arrived, Ryan and I took Braxton to the Emergency Room for a reaction to walnuts. He was in anaphylactic shock after eating a cookie from a neighbor's plate of christmas cookies. My mother-in-law was here with us because we were going to have the baby soon and she came down to watch the kids. (She is wonderful). She recognized what was going on and suggested we take him in to the hospital. It all came on over the course of a couple of hours and didn't seem urgent. By the time we got him to the hospital his throat was beginning to close off. It was scary! We now carry an Epipen and walnuts aren't on our shopping list. :) Parker was born the next morning. Things have been crazy ever since. :) Ryan is one busy guy and the boys and I are always doing something... even if that something is making or cleaning up messes. We are loving making memories. We love anything we can make a tradtion. We have pizza nights on fridays, canyon drives on sundays, wrestling everyday, scriptures during breakfast... I suppose these are more things people consider to be just part of a routine, but we love the expected. The older three boys have fallen in love with fishing. Braxton is getting really good at it. We go often and always go to the store on the way so we can all pick a treat to share. (I have to make it fun for me, too) Caleb is in charge of the worms, and he takes his job very seriously. Logan and B have their own poles and the younger two and I love to explore. We are taking advantage of all the family time we can these days! I am so thankful for the boys I have and all the love we share! I learn so much from them all the time. I have such a love for family. I always have. Braxton will enter first grade in two days. Logan has asked if he can go to school here with me at home for the rest of his life. We are going to do pre school together. His personality is really shining right now. I am excited for him to be the oldest one at home and have a year with him as my priority (in terms of academic teaching). Logan LOVES parker. They have a special relationship that is so fun to watch. Logan can always make parker laugh. He holds his hand and talks with him and parker just loves being with logan. Caleb is two right now and is proving it. :) He only has one volume, and it is a loud one. He is loving discovering new things. I enjoy so much the innocents of a two year old, as well as they sheer delight they have in discovering new things. Parker is a little butter ball. EVERYONE that sees him comments on his smile and how chunky he is. I love both of those things as well. Caleb just ran out front unclothed. Till I find time again, Jessica wh
a
t

1 comment:

Tera said...

Oh my heck, that little chunky Parker looks so stinkin' cute!