Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter
















Easter weekend was so wonderful! My parents we able to stay with us for a few days so we had some family get-togethers. We hiked up underneath the "G" in Pleasant Grove, had a picnic lunch, a neighborhood hunt and a family hunt. My mom put on a really fun kids hunt at my Grandma's house. I loved every minute, mostly because of all of the memories I have of Easter at Grandma Gourley's. We used to make sack lunches, hike up the "G" and have an Easter egg hunt when we got home. It was wonderful to be there with Ry and relive so many things. We snapped a few pictures in grandma's orchard, as well. I LOVE that orchard so much!! We used to irrigate all summer every summer up there. Some days the water would get so high that we could play "chicken" on the swings by trying to knock off our sibling into the 10 inch high water. Grandpa had old metal cans that he drilled holes in the sides and strung old metal hangers in. We used them as picking buckets and picked all of the cherries we could. Then we would take our plastic grocery bags when it was time for plums, pears, apricots, or apples. AH!!! I love those memories and want to provide those same things for my boys. Braxton has been cherry picking up there for the last two summers and had a wonderful time. Anyway. I loved Easter weekend. :) It was a wonderful time to reflect on the Atonement and the Saviors life. Ryan reminds me of what took place in the Saviors life in the week leading up to the Crucifixion. I am so thankful for my Savior and for everything he suffered so that I can return to live with Him!

2 comments:

Aly said...

That is fun to be able to share your memories and experiences with your boys! And your back to blonde? It looks great both ways. Lucky girl!

The Hardys said...

Fun memories! We talk about how much we miss that backyard all the time...the mountain, the breeze, the trees, even the animals. Such a beautiful place. So many memories for us all :)